If someone had told me years ago that I’d enjoy drinking green smoothies, I would have laughed in their face. If someone had told me years ago that I could have a green smoothie that tastes like sipping a Piña colada on the beach in Mexico, I would have converted way back then. Feel free to swap out flavors of yogurt and protein powder to achieve your desired level of coconut flavor!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp. greek yogurt (coconut, vanilla, or plain)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened raw coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or coconut)
- Combine pineapple, coconut milk, yogurt, and raw coconut in blender or bullet. Blend.
- Add spinach and protein powder. If required, add more coconut milk or water to assist with mixing.
- Drink it. It’s that easy.
Try experimenting with this recipe a bit. When serving to children I usually swap out the protein powder for a vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essential pouch. If you want to incorporate protein powder, I highly recommend Mutant Pro 100 which is what we consume in mass quantities at home. The birthday cake flavor is pure Betty Crocker if Betty Crocker lifted weights and ran marathons.