Training in the summer is rough, especially when you have an ice cream stand just down the road. There’s nothing like reaching the last 4k in a 15k humid long run and having to run past the ice cream store. Usually, I try to hydrate extra to make up for the tears. Then, Eureka! Protein ice cream saves the day!
Protein Ice Cream Ingredients (serves two):
- 1 cup 2% plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Mutant Pro 100 protein powder (I chose chocolate peanut butter chocolate chip)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional, if you want 4 ingredient ice cream!)
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Distribute mixture into container(s) or zip lock bag(s). I prefer to dole mine out into separate servings.
- Place containers or bags in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, stir the mixture. If you use bags, you can simply squish the mixture around without opening the top.
- After another 30 minutes scoop and serve.
This is a delicious recipe to whip up before heading out to the gym, and can easily be worked into a meal-prep routine. You’ll notice that my recipes are fairly straightforward. I don’t want to be in the kitchen all day, do you? Portioning the ice cream into separate containers or bags makes for easy control over serving size, and prevents arguments about sharing your treats!
The flavor options for this recipe are endless. Mutant Pro 100 makes gourmet tasting protein powder flavors such as mint chocolate chip ice cream, banana cream pie, old fashioned vanilla milkshake, birthday cake, coconut, and cookies and cream!
- Calories: 184
- Fat(g): 3.3
- Protein(g): 21.9
- Calcium(%): 21.4